No matter what we look like, where we come from, or how we make a living, most of us work hard to provide for our families and keep our communities healthy. But today, corporations like Chevron, JP Morgan, and Disney rake in record profits, while they refuse to contribute to the schools, roads, and community services all of us rely on.
For the past 40 years, corporations have taken advantage of the Proposition 13 property tax loophole that has drained billions of dollars from our schools and communities.
Joining together to rewrite the rules, we can make sure that the corporations who have done well in California, do right by California. Vote to pass the Schools and Communities First Funding Act in November 2020 and restore $12 billion every year towards resources that truly educate our children and services that truly support all of our families.
With the power of we, we can ensure that our schools and communities come first. Be an ACLU voter, and join us to get out the vote for the Schools and Communities First Funding Act.
League of Women Voters of California, PICO California, California Calls, Advancement Project California, Evolve California, Common Sense Kids Action, Alliance San Diego, the Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of California (CHIRLA), and the California Federation of Teachers.
Volunteer to table, canvass, or hold a house party in your neighborhood. Sign up.
For more information and direct inquiries about this campaign, email us at email@example.com.
San Fernando Valley – November 9, 2019.Canceled
- San Gabriel Valley – January 25, 2020. RSVP
- Santa Barbara – February 22, 2020. RSVP
- South Bay – March 21, 2020. RSVP
- Learn more about the issue and find some handy talking points to use when talking with family members, neighbors, and friends: Schools and Communities First Factsheet.
- Check out the full California School & Local Communities campaign website at https://schoolsandcommunitiesfirst.org.
- Read more about our statewide effort in recent press coverage at https://schoolsandcommunitiesfirst.org/press.