The ACLU SoCal works to eradicate discrimination based on sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression. The ACLU SoCal is creating a state where LGBTQ people can live openly and with dignity, where their identities, relationships and families are respected, and where there is fair treatment on the job, in schools, in housing, in public places and in government programs.
The ACLU SoCal's priorities are:
- Reducing incarceration and improving the treatment of LGBTQ people in the criminal justice and immigration systems.
- Enforcing and expanding the rights of transgender people.
- Making safe and bias free schools for LGBTQ youth.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS
- 47%of transgender people report being fired, not hired or denied promotion because they were transgender.
- 27%Only 27% of LGBTQ students surveyed in California reported being taught positive representations of LGBTQ people.