Change happens at the speed of trust. Join our growing network of SoCal activists at the forefront of change.
The ACLU SoCal has long defended our fundamental rights outlined in our Constitution. These include the right to freedom of speech and assembly, the right to religious freedom, due process of law, equality before the law, and the right to privacy. We recognize that these rights have not been afforded to all communities.
Your activism is a key component to ensuring that these rights are extended to everyone.
Attend an event, volunteer at at texting bank, and learn about the issues that matter to Southern Californians.
- Thursday, May 4, 2023. State-level Housing Advocacy: Learn what is going on at the state level and how you can get involved. Join us for an exploration of state legislative opportunities on housing justice.
Tuesday, May 9, 2023. Why Local Budgets Matter: A Workshop. Over the next two months, your county will make crucial budget decisions that will impact you and your neighbors. Join the ACLU of Southern California and our partners in advocating for more just and equitable budgets. By the end of the workshop, you’ll know how:
Local budgets impact our lives and civil rights.
To monitor the budget cycle and target decision makers.
You can advocate for budget justice in your community.
- Thursday, June 29, 2023. Changing the Narrative: We can’t win unless we win hearts and minds! In this workshop, we’ll share tools for your advocacy toolkit and talking points you can use when having those uncomfortable conversations about the housing and houselessness crisis. Register now.
- Housing Justice in the Inland Region Workshop. This workshop is an intimate conversation with Inland Region supporters and activists. Take a deep dive on local advocacy work and learn how you can get involved. Watch the recorded workshop and download the presentation slides.
- Wellness with ACLU SoCal. Watch our webinar to learn self-care practices and how to volunteer with us. You may also download our presentation.
- State-level Housing Advocacy: Learn what is going on at the state level and how you can get involved. Watch the recording and download our presentation.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com