For more than 250,000 students who experience homelessness in California's public schools, school may be the most stable part of their day and represents an immense opportunity to improve their lives. Unfortunately, many of these students do not know they qualify as "homeless" or have additional educational rights and resources available to them.
- We conducted a statewide survey of hundreds of Pk-12 and College homeless liaisons. Read the reports.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS
- Rights and resources available to students experiencing homelessness
- Take the youth homelessness quiz to determine your status
LEGISLATION WE SUPPORT
In the California Legislature:
- AB 16 – additional resources for K-12 state and county homeless education programs
- Contact us if you believe your rights are being violated