WHAT: Phone-in press conference to announce a major legal action to combat COVID-19 spread in ICE detention centers located in California.
The action will be brought by a coalition of attorneys from the San Francisco Public Defender’s Office, Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights of the San Francisco Bay Area, ACLU Foundations of Northern & Southern California, Lakin & Wille LLP, and Cooley LLP
WHEN: Press conference on Tuesday, April 21, 2020 from 10:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
WHO: Speakers will include:
- Charles Joseph, recently released from the Mesa Verde Detention Center in Bakersfield
- Family members of people recently or currently in immigration detention
- Medical experts to speak on conditions in the detention centers
- Bree Bernwanger, Senior Staff Attorney at the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights (LCCR) of the San Francisco Bay Area
- Emi MacLean, Attorney at the San Francisco Public Defender’s Office
- Angelica Salceda, Attorney at ACLU NorCal
Via Zoom meeting –
Meeting ID: 939 2622 4448
One tap mobile: +16699006833,,93926224448#,,#,191919# US (San Jose)
Phone: 669-900-6833; Meeting ID 93926224448#; Password: 191919#