The P.E.O.P.L.E.'s Coalition is excited to invite activists and organizers to apply to an organizing internship. The internship is a unique opportunity to grow your organizing, advocacy, and leadership skills while working on a dynamic campaign on criminal justice in Orange County. Folks who are both new to organizing or experienced activists are encouraged to apply.
Interns will work closely with the ACLU of Southern California and the P.E.O.P.L.E.'s Coalition (People Enraged Over Prosecutors and Law Enforcement) to move local criminal justice campaigns forward.
Organizing + Outreach
- Coordinating bi-weekly meetings
- Manage logistics for monthly events
- Support development of campaign events
- Correspond with local partners
- Maintain social media presence
Interns will work approximately 10 hours a week. Scheduling depends on intern’s individualized work plan. Availability for evening meetings is a plus. Interns will be paid $455 per month. The internship lasts until June, 2018.
- Passion for social justice, civil rights or civil liberties;
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated follow through with deadlines;
- Self-starter with ability to initiate and complete work with limited supervision;
- Time management skills; and
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience in community organizing, volunteer coordination, organizing, or lobbying;
- Access to personal transportation.
- Justice involved/ formerly incarcerated individuals strongly encouraged to apply.
Please email a resume and cover letter by September 20, 2017 describing your experience and why you would be a good fit for this position in .pdf (preferred) or .doc/.docx format to the attention of Jennifer Rojas at email@example.com. Please also include two references. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Please contact Jennifer Rojas at 714-450-3962, ext. 108 with questions.