Founded in 1923, the ACLU SoCal has been at the forefront of many major efforts to protect civil liberties, civil rights, and equal justice in California. Principled and nonpartisan, ACLU SoCal has offices in Los Angeles, Orange County (Santa Ana), the Inland Empire (San Bernardino), and now Kern County (Bakersfield). ACLU SoCal tackles a vast array of issues, including criminal justice, police practices, First Amendment rights, gender equity and reproductive justice, LGBTQ rights, immigrants' rights, education equity, and economic justice.
We are looking for an HR Coordinator to join our team. This is a two-year term-limited position. She/They/He will be responsible for assisting the HR department in coordinating recruitment and hiring practices, benefits administration, training, onboarding, maintaining accurate and confidential records and files of employees in accordance with legal requirements and organization policies and procedures, updating HR records, maintaining the HRIS system, and providing a high level of support to our staff. This person will be administering day-to-day HR transactions, as well as assisting the HR Director in researching HR operational policies and best practices and writing organization-wide communication from the department.
Full-Time, Non-Exempt, Term-Limited
- Maintain accurate and confidential records and files of employees.
- Maintain human resources records: new hires, transfers, terminations, changes in job classification, salary increases, tracking vacation, sick, and personal time.
- Benefits administration and processing claims.
- Conduct new hire orientation and coordinate onboarding process.
- Assist in conducting and analyzing HR surveys, exit interviews, etc.
- Assist in development and implementation of HR procedures.
- Draft communication to staff on organization policies and procedures.
- Assist managers on employee performance issues.
- Assist Director of HR in investigating and resolving employee relations issues.
- Administer day-to-day HR transactions.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of HR.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in human resources. 3-5 years preferred.
- Courses completed in HR or related field.
- Exceptional time management and organization skills.
- Excellent communication skills: written and verbal.
- Experience with HRIS system.
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Experience working in a non-profit preferred.
- Experience in broad-based HR duties preferred.
Please submit resume, cover letter explaining your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
ACLU of Southern California
1313 West 8th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(No phone calls, please.)
The ACLU SoCal is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.