The ACLU SoCal seeks interns and volunteers on a rolling basis to work closely with its Communications & Media Advocacy Department in one of the following areas:
We are looking for applicants with a can-do attitude and who are willing to learn how a communications department operates. The position is unpaid. Interns and volunteers report to the Director of Communications & Media Advocacy.
- Maintain media archives and compile media coverage reports
- Screen media requests via phone and e-mail
- Research existing and potential press opportunities and topics
- Work with attorneys and maintain lists of cases they manage
- Assist in preparation for press conferences and register media at events
- Serve as general support to the department
- Other duties as assigned
We are looking for creative producers to help capture and market the ACLU SoCal's advocacy, clients, cases and events through video and graphics. Interns and volunteers will interact directly with attorneys, community organizers and clients. This position is unpaid and reports directly to the Director of Communications & Media Advocacy.
- Video: Help in every step of the production process (storyboard, scripts, shooting, editing); document the ACLU SoCal's campaigns and events including rallies, fundraisers, etc.
- Graphic design: Design macrographics for promotion of ACLU SoCal campaigns on various social media platforms; assist in laying out reports, designing promotional materials like flyers and swag within brand
- Experience producing short films or public service announcements
- Mastery of Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
Submit a letter of interest, resume and/or portfolio to Marcus Benigno at firstname.lastname@example.org.